Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Few for Friday ~ #18

I got a new phone this week. I didn't realize how slllooooowwww my old one was until I got one that wasn't slow. Plus things work on it!! I can use my phone for everything! But I'll probably still use it just for games and texting. I ordered a deliciously cute new case for it that I hope comes soon as I'm petrified I'm going to drop and smash it. I didn't have a super busy week, otherwise. I sewed my first murse. It was a simple black clutch that I didn't take pictures of since I hate photographing black fabrics, so I'm going to make another one, clearing up the one little thing that bugged me, and then I'll show you that one, okay? Plus I haven't forgotten the makeup case/giant pocketed zipped purse tutorial--that's coming too. And now, here are some pictures of other random things.

Yummy....I don't know if this is some kind of gimmick for something fairly mundane, but in my mind it works the opposite--I have no interest in finding out what they're selling as I can't help but take this sign literally.

 This plumber's shop is on my way to work. He's got four toilets and two sinks arranged along this wall just like the aboe. I swear one of the toilets and sinks is the very same model we had in our bathroom for ages. It was a shade of mint green that earned the room the name 'The Green Bathroom' (ignoring the fact that the dominating feature was ugly black tile). The other bathroom, BTW, was christened 'The Pink Bathroom.' Anyhoodle, when my dad put in new fixtures he didn't know what to do with the sink and toilet so he put them out with the garbage. They took the sink, but not the toilet. They left it sitting in the curb, much to my amusement and my sisters' utter and complete mortification. You've got to take those things to the dump yourself, apparently. I told my mom she should use it as a planter. She sneered. But I suppose it's interesting marketing if you're a plumber. Or at least you have an excuse for funky flower decor.

 I aged yesterday. I'm smack dab in the middle of my thirties now. I chuckled when I saw that the Google Doodle was the above--I thought it was a funny coincidence and pretended it was in my honor. When I moved the cursor over it to click and see what it linked to, that little note came up. I had forgotten I was signed in to my account. This amused me so much I had to email my sisters immediately and let them know. Kinda fun, eh?

 So that's been my week. Fairly quiet and lazy. Which is nice. I've been sewing like a mad woman, so that one easy project was a nice change. Have a happy Friday!!!!

5 comments:

  1. My husband is a plumber, so I've had more than one toilet sitting in my yard in the past... I never thought of planting flowers in them though! =)
    Love the personalized Google doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Sugar Pie! Google and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiccy Burpday for yesterday! Yeah, think I'll pass on that fish too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! We have a Green Bathroom too! We gutted it 2 years ago but we still call it the Green Bathroom! Happy Birthday Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a spectacular birthday!!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...