Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Versa-style

Last week, the delightful Krista from While He Was Napping (you might recognize that name--she's a Spring Flinging blogger too!) gave me TWO awards: The Versatile Blogger award and The Stylish Blogger award. Thank you for thinking of me, Krista!! So sweet of you!!


There are some unflinchingly rigid rules that come with such honors:
  1. Thank and link back to the person (or people) who awarded you this award
  2. Share 7 things about yourself
  3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
 Since I have two awards here I guess I have to share fourteen things about myself, so here goes.

1. I cannot dance. If it's a dance with steps I can manage; if I'm supposed to freestyle forget it.
2. I cannot walk in heels. I look like a truck stomping around when I try and my ankles get all jiggly. I don't need to wear them because I'm almost 5'9, so I make that my excuse. Besides, I do love ballet flats.
3. My favorite books when I was little were the Little House books. I could read them all again right now, true story.
4. My favorite grown-up :) books are the James Herriott series (the English country veterinarian?) I hid them behind my algebra textbook in high school and read during class. I'm so naughty....
5. In the book 'The Godfather' pages 27 through 29 are about the scene where Sonny and the bridesmaid...um...it's Connie's wedding and....they sneak away....and then....ok I'm too embarrassed to write it here but I wasn't too embarrassed to bring it to school and read it aloud to my chemistry class when our teacher was absent one day. Even the substitute was enthralled (I accidentally wrote prostitute instead of substitute first--I was tempted to leave it there just to see how many 'what kind of school did you go to?' comments I would get).
6. I used to bite my nails HORRIBLY and then one day I just stopped.
7. Fresh mozzarella cheese and tomatoes are my favorite. I could eat them all day.
8. If I were to choose my college major right now, knowing who I am and what intrigues me, I would choose something businessy and open a sewing shop, or I'd major in forensics and criminology--I love CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, that sort of stuff.
9. The only movie that bugs me in a scary way is 'Silence of the Lambs.'
10. I took piano lessons for eight years. I play like I took them for eight minutes.
11. My mom is my best friend.
12. Narrow-minded people frustrate me.
13. Christmas is my favorite. I honestly miss it when it's gone.
14. I'm wicked allergic to cats, and snakes freak me out. I can't even look at them on TV--seriously? what MOVES like that?!?! Blech.

OK--I'm going to break the rules here for this part.  Thirty bloggers is a lot of bloggers to choose and notify. So I'm going to cheat a little--I'm going to leave it to you--if you want it/them, go for it. If you take part I'd love for you to leave me the link to your post--I like learning juicy little tidbits about the people who make up my bloggy world :)

5 comments:

  1. I can't walk in heels too. I don't need to anyway. I'm pretty tall for a Chinese. 166cm. But I appear taller because I have long legs. Also, I never wear any footwear that causes me any pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I think you already know enough about me, non? ;-) Hmmm, ok, here's a controversial one: I don't like the sentence "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"...What's wrong with a bit of healthy critisism? In fact, come to think of it, I might make a post out of this one. BTW, I can't walk in heels either - and I've tried sooo many times :-D Congrats on the awards, you deserve them. Love from London xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is everyone's best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About that Godfather thing ---> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Naughty, naughty :p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...